The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Friday, August 31, 2012

Reggie! Reggie! Reggie!

I had a great time at The National and made a ton of great pickups.  I have two still left to show and they are my favorites.

The same friend that helped me with Frank Robinson, Brooks Robinson and Cal Ripken Jr., had a couple more tricks up his sleeve.
 
Reggie Jackson 1991 Orioles Crown #217
 
 
The Orioles served as the bridge between Reggie's two most remembered franchises.  The Orioles traded for Reggie in 1976, hoping to make another push to the World Series before free agency pulled him away.  Unfortunately, the Birds finished second in their division and Reggie would not make Baltimore a long term stay.
 
Not much to say about Reggie as an Oriole, just another Hall of Famer crossed off the list.  

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful autograph! Nice pickup. It's always nice strolling across a card set I've never seen before at 4:16 in the morning.

    ReplyDelete