The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

When The Wife's Away, The Husband Will.......

Trade of course. While Olivia was in California for her High School reunion I was left to my own devices. Those devices of course are a computer and a bunch of baseball cards. I also took time off of work to decompress form the riggors of the working world. There was no better way to relax than trade some cards.

All told I was pretty busy, seven trades for 24 autographs. Many are of players in other uniforms or upgrades, but again, baby steps.

All the trades were made on SCN and here is the first from Tiger fan Mike.

Mark Lee 1992 Upper Deck #507

Is it wrong that I don't remember Lee at all? He pitched in 39 games during the 1995 season, one I paid a ton of attention too, but have no rcollection of his performance. As a reliever he went 2-0, with a 4.86 ERA. Despite a sub 4.00 ERA for his career, he only pitched in four big league seasons, spanning more than seven years.

Lee is not pictured as an Oriole on anything other than a postcard, so unless I come across a ton of those, this will have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment