The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Finding Joy in the Little Things

Even though I have taken on a daunting task with my collection goals, the little victories truly pump me up. Today a trade came through that took a little leg work and research to make happen and I am psyched.

I am all jazzed up for:

Gustavo Molina 2007 Topps '52 #118

He has over 115 different cards and this is the only base version featuring him as an Oriole. There are 20 or so high-end cards of his from 2008 Exquisite that I was unable to locate. I was about to buy some Topps '52 base cards to send but this trade saved me the time and money. I had to give up a 2009 Adam Jones TTM success from spring training to acquire this one.

Molina has been used sparingly during his three seasons in the majors, only totaling 23 games with four different clubs over that time. During his nine games in town he posted his best batting average, .222. Needless to say he hasn't made a great enough impression to stick with major league teams.

No comments:

Post a Comment