The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Friday, January 27, 2012

Long Lines and Sore Feet

I double dipped at 3:20, trying to cross some more names off the list. Kyle Hudson being designated for assignment last week made that prospect less appealing. I went through with it to upgrade my collection further down the line. Hopefully that comes through because the only thing I got from this line was dupes and sore feet.

Session 4, Station 3
Mike Bordick
Brian Matusz
Joe Mahoney
Adam Jones


Mike Bordick Upper Deck MVP

This one was gone before it arrived. The last of two for Amy. She is going to help out with some Atlantic league players this year. Fair trade if I can knock some names off my list.

Brian Matusz 2010 Bowman Platinum #31


Brian Matusz 2010 Bowman #5

I had heard that Matusz was difficult. He had denied me multiple times at games so I was expecting him to be one per. He was not. He was extremely personable and nice and was talking with every fan. Maybe last year was a little humbling for him. I have a feeling he is going to have a big year. 15 wins. You read it here first.

Joe Mahoney Orioles Postcard

I used my only card on Joe earlier in the day so I added a postcard to my collection. If anyone is looking for one, yet another postcard available for trade.

Adam Jones is another slot I was able to trade. I was able to have his 2008 Orioles program with Nick Markakis and Luke Scott completed. Jones said it was the first he had seen completed because Nick was the tough one. He went on about how hard Nick was to get, but how Scott would just sign anything. Jones may have exaggerated his own signing habits a bit. But I have to admit, it is a pretty awesome piece. I will let Chuck be the first to show it off.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome stuff man. I, too, had a hard time getting Matusz at games, but he was really nice at Fan Fest. I think he has been truly humbled and will have a good year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj91/CraigsCollection/OriolesFanFest010.jpg

    I got Jones-Scott-Markakis to complete this (link above) at 2009 FanFest. Got Markakis first, Jones second, and then Scott third, so i guess Jones didn't see the completed version. What color pen did you use for Jones, I decided to go silver sharpie on mine because there wasn't really a light spot available.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Craig,
    On the Jones-Markakis-Scott piece it was all black. He wanted Jones to sign above the Orioles Magazine logo. It looks pretty sweet.

    Although, I do like how Jones pops out on yours. What is funny is Scott is the only one who left off his number and I think everything I have seen him sign has his number. Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't even realize that Scott was the only one who didn't write his number until you pointed that out. Funny, because Markakis almost never writes his number in his signature.

    ReplyDelete