The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Newest Trade Additions

Around Christmas I was fighting a nasty illness and was out of work for a couple of days. The downside was obvious, being sick. Upside, I actually had time to work out some baseball card trades. Here is one upgrade and a toughie.

Joe Kerrigan 1977 Topps #341

Kerrigan is a notoriously difficult signer, so adding him to the collection was a no-brainer. Unfortunately I could only find an Expos example. In the '70's journeymen relief pitchers didn't get a tremendous amount of play on baseball cards, Kerrigan only appeared as a Bird on one, 1979. That card and his appearance in the 1991 Crown set are the only major issues he has out there. I can always use another upgrade, who's got one.

Eric Byrnes 2005 Donruss Signature Autographs

Byrnes was a hard charging ball of energy during his partial season in Baltimore. I had high hopes for him, too bad he was only here for 52 games. He's gone on to have a decent career, spending 2010 with the Mariners. I now have a 2000 Fleer Tradition Byrnes auto as an Athletic available if anyone is interested.

1 comment:

  1. Byrnes only made it until early May of 2010 before the M's released him. I once received a A&G card that actually had Eric as a Mariner. I never thought a guy could be with a team for a month and get a baseball card. I have to admit that the guy is a character even if he wasn't the greatest player.

    ReplyDelete