The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Exchange of Goods

After all of my exploits during the day I was able to make some trades to help upgrade the collection. I couldn't be everywhere, although I tried.

Tommy Hunter Orioles Postcard

I saw Hunter twice during the day, each time I forgot to get a postcard. I don't know what I was thinking. But Craig was able to help me yet again.

Chris Davis Orioles Postcard

Part of me giving up my Adam Jones slot was to get Davis done. I chose to go with the postcard saving on the need to upgrade. I think I will keep the one in black. Anyone need my extra for their collection?

Matt Antonelli Orioles Postcards

Matt Antonelli 2009 UD Piece of History #106

This was the last portion of the Adam Jones deal, the blue postcard and the UD history card. The black postcard came from my 6-year old nephew. I had to give him Dana Eveland in return. Little extortionist.

Aubrey Huff Orioles Postcard

No Huff didn't show up this year. Craig helped me out again. He was at Fanfest a few years back when Huff apparently had no issues signing multiples. I have a signed Rays card that is now up for grabs.

More from Craig later.

I had a great time at FanFest. My back was wrecked for a day and my dogs are still barkin'. I was able to see a bunch of fellow graphers, fans, friends and family. Oh yeah I also got close to 50 signatures. Lets make some trades. I am driving toward 800.

No comments:

Post a Comment