The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 New Year's Resolution

A new year has alwyas provided me with a chance to reflect and set goals going forward. 2009 was great for me personally, professionally and in collecting. Here is to continuing those trends in 2010.

My personal resolution for 2010 is the same as every year, eat healthier, go to the gym more and bicker less. This year a weight goal of 200lbs by my 30th birthday has been thrown into the fray, we shall see how that goes.

I also have a collecting resolution this year, get more in person autographs. I like collecting TTM, but it can be time consuming and costly, at least $.88 per envelope. I am lucky enough to live in Baltimore, only minutes from the stadium but haven't gotten many autographs there in the last few years. The one game I went to last year with the intention of getting autos and enough time for them was a Sunday, and there is no home batting practice for Sunday day games.

I resolve to rely less on trades for autographs of new players on the team and be more hands on. I am also planning on going to Fanfest this year, something I also have not done in the past. Hopefully by diversifying my collecting habbits I can help grow the collection and have more fun doing it. Now if only the 40 TTM requests I am waiting on would come back to me.

Current Collection Numbers 320/891=35.9%
Orioles Crown Collection 166/501=33.13%
Alive Players 164/390=42%


HAPPY NEW YEAR

1 comment:

  1. Happy new year and good luck in your goals.

    I'm jealous of the people who live near cities where it's still possible to get autographs at the major league ballpark.

    I was thrilled to get one (Roger McDowell) in about a dozen Mets/Yankees games in 2009.

    ReplyDelete