The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Spring Training Successes

Of course they aren't TTM successes, that would be too easy. I had to get some help for my Spring training autographs. That's where Derrick comes in. Anyone who gets autographs in person on the East Coast has probably rubbed elbows with Derrick. He seems to be everywhere, and this month he was in Florida, helping me, amongst countless other I am sure. He is like me, only cards, and being on the East Coast he's helped me a ton. Thanks again D.

Tommy Harper 1991 Orioles Crown #181

No, I didn't get jipped, Harper smeared all the cards he signed. It wasn't purposeful but apparently he was just moving too quick. This will have to do until I can grab a couple more Crown cards to try again.

Frank Mata 2005 Bowman #513

This card is both an upgrade and downgrade at the same time. My previous autograph was on an Orioles card...an Orioles team checklist. At least this card features the player signing it, even if he is a Twin. The signature looks great and this will have to do. After 15 games last year, he is now with the Marlins organization, no chance to appear as a bird.

Carlos Mendez 2003 Fleer Mystique #108

Please forgive the first appearance of my fingerprints in my blog. When powdering this card I somehow managed to hold it wrong and this is what I have to show for it. Even with multiple powder efforts it never worked. For all the hard work and how bad the card looks in person, the autograph truly pops.

Tony Tarasco 1996 Ultra Gold Medallion #310

It didn't take long for my fingerprints to make another appearance. I am all over this card. Hopefully some forensic fingerprint analyst psychopath won't be able to take this scan and frame me for a grisly murder. Man I have been watching too many movies. I have Tarasco already on the regular version of this card if anyone is looking.

The Tarasco card has got me thinking, when did they start marking cards that need to be prepped? I have powdered a bunch of cards from the 90's that didn't need it and have yielded poor results. I would like to avoid that going forward if possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment