The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Friday, April 15, 2011

Another Spring Training Success, Just in Time

Sitting just behind Mr. Cabell's success from yesterday was a perfectly timed success from Boston. Yah I know it's Boston, but I needed the guy.

With the woes of the big club in Boston, Rich Hill may find his way back to the majors this year. Maybe this month. He has been stellar in his three appearances, only allowing four hits and no runs in his six innings of work.

The perfectly timed success part comes as I was about to purchase an autograph from eBay. No I wasn't going to pay $10 for the card; the auction I was following was only $4 but has ended.

Instead I spent $.88 on stamps for this baby:

Rich Hill 2009 Topps Update #UH-29

To say he struggled as an Oriole is putting it nicely. He surrendered nearly as many runs as innings and had a WHIP of almost 2.0. Following his stint with us in 2009 he was signed by the St. Louis Cardinals prior to the season. He never made it up for the Cards, then signed with the Red Sox and made six relief appearances.

I wish him well, just not that well. It's always nice to see Boston at the bottom of the A.L. East. Now let's see the Yankees down there with 'em.

1 comment: