The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Monday, April 4, 2011

Opening Day Quick Recap

Today was my fourth Orioles home opener, and their fourth victory. I think I must be a good luck charm or something. Oh wait, I was there for the 30-3 shellacking by the Texas Rangers four seasons ago. I am officially NOT a good luck charm. But I digress, back to the Birds.

Jake Arrieta pitched a great game and a three run jack from Brian Roberts paved the way for a 5-1 win. The Orioles are alone in first place, having started the season 4-0, a better start then I could have imagined. The start of my opening day wasn't nearly as good.

Wifey got our tickets from a co-worker who couldn't go and how did I repay her, a lot of complaining and a little graphing. I hate standing in line. I mean, hate it. And opening day lines were ridiculous as expected, but service didn't help things. We spent 35 minutes in line outside the stadium for overcooked sausages, chips and a water, and I was salty. Unfortunately the standing in line, people watching and enjoying a great day was wifey's favorite part. This didn't help to comfort me and immediately regretted my pouting.

Once the game started I was much better company, I think. She enjoyed the game but got goose bumps during the fly over during the National Anthem. She couldn't stop smiling and that decreased my gruff demeanor. Work schedules didn't allow for time to graph pre-game so we tried the players lot. And after what seemed like a year I finally got some graphs.

I will go into details on later posts but here is the low-down: 1 duplicate, 1 upgrade, 1 new addition and 1 Orioles Crown card. Sorry for the suspense but I gotta leave you wanting more.

Today was the day of 4's. 4 autographs. 4 Opening Day wins. A 4 run victory. 4-0 start. All on the 4th of April. Kind of interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment