The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Friday, April 1, 2011

The Importance of Little Things

The most important thing in my autograph collection isn't actually the graphs, it's the cards. The all too often overlooked canvas for the scribbles of the stars. And for me and my specific needs, not just any cardboard will do.

I dealt some base cards over on The Bench and got a few cards I need for upgrades and possible additions.

Take a look.



I have Chad Bradford and Kurt Ainsworth as Orioles on postcards which count, but throw off the flow of the collection. I am hoping these will go out in my next TTM batch, and come back signed of course. The Bradford truly captures him as a pitcher with his submarine style. I didn't know what it looked like prior to the trade but am quite happy.

The Rhyne Hughes, Jose Leon and Omar Daal cards become surplus. Hughes should be easy to get TTM, through 50/50 or in person, so I am stockpiling to get him crossed off my list. Leon and Daal are proving to be tough to track down but the more I have the more chances I can take. Anyone know where Omar Daal or Jose Leon are these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment