The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Revisiting The Ghetto... For Football Cards

As some of you may remember, Ghetto is not a place, but a person. A card collecting person at that. His collecting exploits can be found here. Ghetto and I have been friends for over a dozen years but only trading for the last couple. That is if you don't count the cards I bought from his parents at card shows when I was a kid.

He and his dad are collecting base cards of the Orioles and Phillies and I decided to help. I have a ton of base cards that I don't need signed so I am shipping them his way. He put together a sweet care package of cards for me and may have started me off in a bad direction. Washington Redskins autographs, only 1000+ players on the all-time roster.

Fred Davis Autograph


Malcolm Kelly


Santana Moss


Clinton Portis I


Clinton Portis II


I know what you are thinking, only one autograph is not enough to start me off on a thousand autograph hunt? Wrong. He also included 100 base cards from the 70's and 80's, along with a couple team sets. Can you say football TTM Autographs? I think I can.

And since this is Eutaw Street Cardboard, here are the Orioles that came along.

Brian Burres 2007 Topps Chrome Autograph #347


Jon Knott 2007 Artifacts Autofacts #AU-JK


Scott Moore 2008 Topps Update & Highlights Autographs #HA-SM


Matt Riley 2000 Just Autographs #BA-25


The Burres makes its way into the collection by default, it fits in my nine pocket sheets. I have an oversized Sweet Beginnings Autograph that is now up for grabs. If anyone is looking these are all available.

Ghetto, thanks again for getting me psyched for Redskins autographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment