The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Minor League TTM Success

I guess since the minor league season is over they're not truly from the minors, but close enough. In exactly five months Omir Santos responded to my TTM request and it only took one month from Matt Tucker.

Omir Santos 2010 Topps Heritage #212

I had made a trade for a different Santos card after I had waited three months, not thinking it would show. I was wrong and am happy to add a card from the other New York team to my collection. A 2006 Bowman Heritage card featuring him as a Yankee very happily is available for trade. Getting a Yankee card out of the collection feels almost as good as crossing a name off the list. I just really hate the Yankees.

Matt Tucker 2010 Bowman Prospects #BP-72

Tucker spent the entirety of this season as a member of the Bowie Baysox but only appeared in 16 games. He had very little success this year while still struggling to find a consistent position on the field. He played SS, 2b, 3b, RF, LF and DH while failing to finish above the Mendoza line. Hopefully 2011 will be a return to form for Tucker and we may see him as a utility player at some point in the bigs. I have a double of this card signed if anyone is looking to add him as well.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the successes. Santos took about that long to get back to me last season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you an email Potz.

    ReplyDelete