The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Friday, October 22, 2010

John Bale Trade

When John Bale was in Baltimore he was perfect. Finishing his Baltimore career with a 1-0 record. He pitched in 13 games during the 2001 season, his first as a consistent member of a big league roster. After spring training the following season he was dealt to the Mets for outfielder Gary Matthews.

He has bounced around all levels of professional baseball, recently finding a steady gig in the Kansas City Royal bullpen. As a reliever his ERA is average but he just doesn't have the opportunity to win games, only three in his 109 appearances.

I tried reaching him in KC and the minors this year, both garnering return to sender responses so I had to make a trade. I gave up a Jimmy Key Collectors Choice autograph I had in reserve.

John Bale 2000 Fleer Tradition Update #U-30

I am tempted to try and have this card completed, partial dual autographs just don't look right to me. Anyone know where to find Clayton Andrews, he hasn't had a registered success in over a year?

No comments:

Post a Comment