The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Saturday, April 24, 2010

The O's best "Nolan" Since Joe

I may have jumped the gun trading for a certified autograph of our Nolan Reimold, but I get antsy at times. I have a TTM request out to him that I am hoping comes back but I am just hedging my bets here. It is also a decently valuable card, so if the TTM request does come back, should be easy to move, or bring in some nice auto's.

Since I am liquidating my player collections of Nick Markakis and Brian Roberts, I may as well bolster my Orioles collection. I traded this Dual Autograph of both of them for Reimold:

Nolan Reimold 2009 Topps Chrome Blue Refractors Autograph /199 #231


Reimold burst onto the scene last season posting big numbers out of the gate, posting better power numbers than highly touted rookie Matt Wieters. He ended the season with a .279 batting average and 15 homeruns. Coming into the 2010 season he and Felix Pie were to platoon in left, but the injury to Pie left Reimold alone. But his slow start thus far has allowed Lou Montanez to take away some at bats in the last week. Nolan still has a ton of potential and upside and if this team ever turns it around I have a feeling he will be a catalyst.

No comments:

Post a Comment