The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Denied

My only piece of mail today was from former Rolaids Reliever of the year, Lee Smith. My cards were returned unsigned, but there was a little letter accompanying them stating why.

Due to a tremendous influx of requests, personnel that would be needed to handle requests and the commercialization of autograph collecting, Mr. Smith now charges a fee. It's $15 for flats/balls and $50 for bats.

With Smith playing for the O's after the Crown set was released, I can use any card of his signed as a bird. Anyone have an extra to trade, I am hoping to make an addition this way instead? If not, it looks like I will be ponying up some cash for his auto.

No comments:

Post a Comment