The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Baseball Card Karma

You can call it Karma.

Yin and Yang.

Give and take.

Life.

I call it crappy.

I was riding the euphoric wave of adding 20+ cards to my collection only to suffer a minor wipe-out at the mailbox today.

USPS Form 3849, postage due. OK, $.78 is not the end of the world, it won't break me, I hope. Hell, I can't even be sure the package is baseball cards, but what else could it be? The only other mail I get are bills and if they start making me pay postage to receive bills, there will be hell to pay. And postage of course.

Just when I was about to come up for air, another karmic wave landed on my head. An empty return envelope neatly marked "RECEIVED WITHOUT CONTENTS".

Really? Really?

It doesn't appear to have been moistened, wettened or even licked to prevent it's contents from spilling out anywhere from "Sin City" to the "City that Reads" (Ha). I went digging through my notes and the lost soul is most likely John Lowenstein, or anyone else in Las Vegas I sent to before recording everything. I really just want to know who it was so I can try again to add to my collection. Or maybe this is just a sneaky trick veterans are pulling to keep my cards. I am on to you Mr. Lowenstein.

Let's see what tomorrow will bring down on me.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe Wayne Garland? I sent to him in Vegas a while back.

    ReplyDelete