The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Friday, April 30, 2010

Orioles Prospect Trade: 2 for 1

I just received my end of a pretty good trade featuring three of the Orioles best prospects. I added Matt Wieters and Jake Arrieta to the collection while dealing a Chris Tillman certified autograph I had. I like to think it was a sweet deal, especially when Arrieta gets called up later this year.

Matt Wieters 2007 Tristar Prospects Plus #53

Wieters is among the few bright spots on a club that hasn't had a lot of success so far in the season. His average is over .300 and he is showing glimpses of star power. When he was drafted I remember feeling like the fate of the franchise was solely hinged on his success, but I feel the team built around him will alleviate that pressure. My ideal auto is as an Oriole, but our minor league affiliate will work for now. Anyone have a signed 2010 Upper Deck Wieters they want to deal for this beauty?

Jake Arrieta 2008 Bowman Draft Pick Prospects #BDPP-92

Yes, I am assuming Arrieta will make his way to the big club by seasons end, hell maybe even by weeks end. He is putting up ridiculous numbers in Norfolk and I am not sure how long they can keep him down there. I have a collector trying to snag a few autographs for me down there, but I hadn't heard back, so I made the trade. Here's to a short lived AAA stint for Arrieta.

As I was looking over the Orioles current roster I was struck by how few autographs I have of the current roster. I own an auto from all outfielders (Adam Jones, Nick Markakis, Lou Montanez, Nolan Reimold) and DH's (Luke Scott), but only one infielder (Wieters) and merely three pitchers (Jason Berken, Jeremy Guthrie, David Hernandez). That's not the kind of coverage I want, but there are a ton of new faces on this team. Just means more work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment