The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Saturday, April 10, 2010

It's a Rapp

Another trade showed up today with some more players that had short lived Oriole careers. Both Pat Rapp and Rich Becker who I received today had similar careers, 8-10 years, playing on six different teams.

Pat Rapp 2001 Topps #98

The 2000 season saw Pat Rapp in the Orioles starting rotation and he helped to eat up a lot of innings. His ERA was a little high but he came close to 200 innings pitched. Even though he was around the entire season he only had a few Orioles cards. This one was a little difficult to find but worth the looking.

Rich Becker 1997 Topps #148

After a consistent start to his career in Minnesota, Becker bounced around to six teams in his last four seasons in the majors. His stop in Baltimore lasted 79 games without tremendous results. He struggled to keep his average above .200 before being released after the 1998 season. His major league career ended two years later, with a minor league stint ending it all in 2001. I had to give up a Juan Guzman and Scot Shields autograph to bring these two home.


I pulled this card last year and just kept it out of the collection because I thought I had him already in Bryan Bass. Oops, I was wrong. So I got rid of the impostor and put this into its place. He did have a few autos released last year as an Oriole but they have been proving hard to track down.

No comments:

Post a Comment