The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Old Switch-A-Roo

Such a fake-out today when I got home from a wonderful 2+ hours at the dentist. It started normal enough with my self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) in the mail box but quickly turned bad. Ty Wigginton of the O's returned a card to me that I did not send and frankly have zero use for.

I sent a nice letter about how much I loved the ORIOLES and my collection of ORIOLES autographs. What I received was a Ty Wigginton METS Autograph. I can see how he got the two teams confused. One team is orange and black while the other blue and orange. Almost identical color schemes.

I am glad to see that the hand written letter I sent struck such a chord with him that he forgot about me seconds later when placing a different card in my envelope. I know I am not his only request and he has other things to do, like get ready for the season, all I was asking for was 40 seconds of his time.

I don't want to come off like a jack-ass, as I am happy with any ballplayer who takes the time to sign for me, but I am disappointed. Maybe I should just put cards in an envelope with a SASE, no letter, no personal touch and hope for the best. I should get something in return, right? At least I would be able to send out 400+ to spring training like a guy I saw on an autograph site.

Anyone interested in this autograph? I would like to upgrade to, lets say, a 2009 Topps version of the Oriole player.
Ty Wigginton 2004 Upper Deck First Pitch #218 (METS)

2 comments:

  1. I don't have any Ty Wigginton O's cards but would you consider trading it for a 2010 topps Gold Luke Scott sn'd /2010

    ReplyDelete
  2. BA Benny, thanks for the offer but realy trying to upgrade the auto's at this time. I will let you know if nothing happens on it for a while.

    ReplyDelete