The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Halfway Home

I have met my first collection goal with yesterdays successes of David Segui, Al Bumbry and Paul Mitchell. Finally, I have 50% of all players from the 1991 Crown set that are still alive. It feels great to achieve a goal, but I still have a long way to go.

By the end of the 2010 baseball season I hope to eclipse the 50% marker in all other facets of the collection. I am only 33 cards away from halfway on the entire Crown set and by my calculations a mere 62 from the middle point of the all-time roster. Unfortunately with the season a few weeks away the all-time roster will slowly increase, pushing me further away.

For the first time in almost five years I truly love collecting again. My player collections had stalled and I was merely going through the motions. I haven't focused on my Brian Roberts collection in months and am pretty sure I will liquidate that collection during the season. The history of the team and learning more about each player is what has me hooked.

Bring on the next milestone.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It's always nice to reach a milestone.

    I'm working towards a similar goal of trying to collect autographs from everyone who ever played for the Mets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul, anyone from my list you need for your collection? LMK

    ReplyDelete
  3. For those that don't speak Chinese "Dressing Up" said "Money, bring happiness days, but not to give you bring peace and happiness" according to freetranslation.com.

    ReplyDelete