The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Thank you, Mr. Postman

This feature will document my successes with TTM autographs. When my postman makes a delivery I will share the goods.

Now to the goods:



Dan Ford 1991 Orioles Crown #139 Signed in Blue Sharpie
This card will be added to the collection and Orioles Crown set.



Dan Ford 1984 Topps Signed in Blue Sharpie
This was a base card I included with the Orioles Crown card and has already been traded for another Oriole I need, more on that when the package arrives. It took just over two months for the cards to be returned. Thanks so much.



Grant Jackson 1970's Pittsburgh Pirates Postcard
This was an extra that Mr. Jackson added on his own. Anything that is added by a player or personalized I add to my collection even if it doesn't fit into my needs.



Grant Jackson 1991 Orioles Crown #215 Signed in Blue Sharpie
Another addition to the Orioles Crown set. I have a 1971 Topps signed by Mr. Jackson, but that has been moved to the doubles category. I sent the card to Mr. Jackson on November 30th, received December 5th, only 5 days. Thank you so much, Mr. Jackson.

Current 1991 Orioles Crown Set completion percentage 160/501=31.9% 159/310 Alive Players 51.29%
Total Player Collection 296/881 = 33.59%

Every time I open the mailbox and I see my self addressed envelope staring back at me I feel like a kid waiting after a game for his team to leave the locker room and sign his cards. Who is it? How many? Are the cards signed, or was I Steve Finley'ed? (Being Steve Finley'ed is having my envelope opened, cards looked at, then sending the card back unsigned wasting my stamp. A simple "Return to Sender" would have sufficed. Maybe Finley didn't like the card I sent, I'm not sure).

But I digress, back to opening a good envelope. When I realize the cards are signed I start thinking about where the auto's fit into my collection. Some hit the Orioles set, others are player needs and even some are doubles. Collection hits are easy, document on the computer and right into the binders.

Doubles are a little longer process. Scan the cards, document in excel spreadsheets, post on trading sites and now blog about them. Anything to prolong the experience of collecting.

Just wanted to say Thank You to all the players who have already returned autographs to me, it means a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment