The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Hightopps Strikes Again

Yesterday I made my third pilgrimage to Hightopps Backstage Bar and Grille in Timonium for another autograph signing. This time I was able to get Scott McGregor for my Crown set among other cards.

I ran into two friends working there that I used to work with in the restaurant business, which was a nice surprise. One of em even bought me a couple beers. Free is always good.

After my first drink I started looking for Mr. McGregor but couldn't find him. He was so incognito, Chris the bartender didn't even realize he was signing. The manager and a timely visit by a friend of mine shed a little light onto his whereabouts.

No on with the free stuff.

Scott McGregor 1991 Orioles Crown #290


Scott McGregor 1988 Topps #419


I gave away my fourth '88 Topps and traded a fifth for this:

Scott McGregor 1978 Topps #491



All-in-all a good Tuesday. Two free beers, two old co-workers, two friends and five Scott McGregor autographs. Anyone have a need for three 1988 Topps Scott McGregor autographs? If so, I am your man.

No comments:

Post a Comment