The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Thursday, March 15, 2012

ROBBED!

I rarely talk about anything other than basebal, but I have to divert from the path today.

I took a half day from work today, not for college basketball, but because I get a half day when I work Saturdays. The NCAA tournament was a pleasant bonus.

I didn't fill out a bracket this year, so I have no monetary ties to this tournament.

I watched the (16)UNC Asheville vs. (1)Syracuse and was amazed at what I saw. The 16 seed utplayed Syracuse all game and got hosed. I repeat, HOSED.

A clear goaltend against Syracuse went uncalled. I mean, the ball hit the backboard on a layup, then was swatted away. +2 for UNC.

A lane violation on a Syracuse foul shot. -2 for Syracuse.

Another ball thrown out of bounds by the Orange, yet they were still awarded possession. Unsure how they blew this one. Probably the worst call I have ever seen as far as possession goes. Syracuse then hits two free throws, -2 Syracuse.

That six point swing would have changed the game drastically. The referees should be ashamed at their calls. I am not sure if Asheville could have won, but they were not given a chance in the last 5 minutes.

Damn, I just love the underdog. Bring on Cinderella.

No comments:

Post a Comment