The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Monday, March 5, 2012

Autograph Six Pack

I feel like I keep repeating myself with my trade packages. Ryan from The Great Orioles Autograph Project continues to help out my fledgeling collection. I have lost track as to how many trades we have made, I am guessing six. Sounds good to me.

Norm Charlton 1991 Donruss #384

My favorite of the "Nasty Boys". Why? Because he is the only one crossed off my list. Dibble never came to Baltimore and Randy Myers has something against sharpies. Now all I need is an Oriole variety.

Armando Gabino 2010 Norfolk Tides #22

Why do role players insist on putting their numbers with their autographs? Gabino's 26 means nothing. He wore 41 for the big club. Ripken's #8 I get. This, not so much.

Gordon Jones 1955 Topps #78

By far my favorite card of this deal. It is just as rough as the scan shows and I love every crese and bend in it. The faded autograph is a perfect match to the fascimile on the front.

Francisco Melendez 1989 Donruss #611

Hideous set. Sweet graph.

Orlando Sanchez 1982 Donruss #636

I am a big fan of the 80's afro. I can't rock one, but how I wish I could.

Pedro Viola Orioles Postcards

The only Orioles card of the bunch and no upgrade needed. His signature is only an extended PV with a number. It leaves a lot to be desired

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the trade man! Got the bobble in the mail but haven't had a chance to open it up since I just got back from Sarasota. I hope we can help each other again in the future!

    ReplyDelete