The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Welcome to the Party Pal

Received these two successes earlier this week and am just now getting around to posting them up. Thank goodness for 25 inches of snow, finally giving me the chance to find time to aimlessly type. This request was sent in late September, taking just over four months to make its way back. Welcome home boys.

Wayne Gross 1991 Orioles Crown #168

Continuing the string of additions to the Crown Set. It's a clear signature, sweet stache and in blue sharpie, can't ask for much more.

Wayne Gross 1986 O-Pee-Chee #233

When I was collecting Cal Ripken I picked up a 1986 O-Pee-Chee Orioles team set that I really like. This is the second autograph from that set and I really enjoy the look. It doesn't hurt that this is probably the first set I remember collecting.

Wayne Gross 1985 Fleer #179
Wayne Gross 1985 Fleer TTM Autograph
This card was acquired in a trade earlier last year, before I sent to Mr. Gross. With the new additions this card is now a double, looking for a loving, caring, smoke-free home. Anyone want to adopt this lovely little fellow?

Even though I have not been posting I have been busy with the collection. I am taking my lunch hour to print, address, stamp and mail more TTM requests. Seeing as I can't access the Internet from work, lunch is the only time during the day I can work on the collection.

Just this week I have sent out over 50 TTM requests. I sent out the last Oriole Crown requests that I have addresses for and have turned my attention to some newer players. Roberto Alomar emerged last year to sign pretty well TTM and I sent to him as well as others from the 1997 A.L. East Championship team. I also sent about 15 requests to Spring Training. Many of the players I am going after are pitchers and catchers and am hoping to get a jump on the rest of the autograph seekers. Hopefully the stadium accepts the requests and doesn't return them all. I am keeping my fingers crossed on that one.

Also it seems that trading has heated up a bit. Made a few trades and have a few more in the works. If they all pan out there should be a bunch of new additions in the short-term.

No comments:

Post a Comment