The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Friday, February 26, 2010

Keep 'em Coming

Wayne Garland 1991 Orioles Crown #152

The third time was a charm for Wayne Garland after he came out of high school. He was drafted by the Pirates in 1968 and the Cardinals in 1969 before finally signing with the Orioles following the July amateur draft in 1969. His first three seasons from 1973-75 were lackluster, but things changed in 1976. Wayne went 20-7 during his last season in Baltimore before using free agency to escape to the Cleveland Indians. Wayne never regained his form of 76 and ended his career with Cleveland in 1981 a career 55-66 pitcher.

John Pacella 1991 Orioles Crown #346

John Pacella's Oriole career spanned a mere six games and 14.2 innings during the 1984 season. He bounced around the bigs playing with five teams in six major league seasons.

Chris Tillman 2009 Topps Update & Highlights #UH-108

My second TTM success of spring training is personalized and will bounce out his Bowman Sterling Autograph I traded for earlier this month. Anyone need a Tillman auto for their collection?

Koji Uehara 2009 Topps Chrome X-Fractor #203

Koji was my biggest wild-card from spring training this year. I haven't been sure of his signing habits and was extremely pleased to see two successes from him today. I like the way the X-Fractor auto looks in person even if it doesn't translate to the computer so well. His signature is fuller on this card which is why I am keeping this one.

Koji Uehara 2009 Topps 206 #23

Number two is still a sweet autograph but I like the X-Fractor slightly more. So far this spring I have received 3 of my 16 requests. Still a long way to go.

1 comment:

  1. Nice haul!

    Maybe I'll have a Koji Uehara card waiting in the mailbox tomorrow, assuming the post office will be delivering mail tomorrow. The snow kept them away today.

    ReplyDelete