The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Monday, February 22, 2010

From Florida With Love

Today was filled with a mixed bag in the mailbox. I got a RTS from Javy Lopez, a gamed used card from a Hall of Famer and my first spring training success from a former ace.

Let's start with the bad. I sent to Lopez on February first to receive an envelope marked Unable to Forward, sweet. The address I sent to was 3475 Oak Valley Rd. NE Apt 1530, Atlanta, GA 30326. Does anyone have a good address for him or know what he is up to now?

Luis Aparicio 2001 Upper Deck Cooperstown Collection Hall of Famers Bat #B-LA

Aparicio came today via a trade from Todd Jones on The Bench. Oddly enough I traded him some Todd Jones cards. Not sure if its the real deal or just his namesake, but either way it's a HOFer to add to my game used collection. I am only keeping HOF game used in my collection having liquidated all others I had. The card doesn't list any information that says the bat was used in a game as an Oriole, but since he's pictured on the card as an Oriole, it works.

My first success from spring training.

Jeremy Guthrie 2009 Topps #194


I sent close to twenty requests out in the beginning of February which have just started to come back. I was told I sent to early, obviously not. I am a big fan of Guthrie and think he will be the pitcher to benefit the most Kevin Millwood having signed in the off-season. Without the pressure and the responsibility of taking on each team's #1 pitcher I am expecting 14 wins this year. But what do I know, I'm just a baseball card collector.

No comments:

Post a Comment