The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Bending to Temptation

I never set out to avoid 2013 products this year, it had just worked out that way.  My small card budget got smaller and new cards don't exactly fit into the collection.  Even the thrill of ripping packs couldn't break my budget.

Then along came 2013 Bowman.  On Freedom Cardboard, everyone was busting case after case and I got jealous.  Jealous of the $800 orange auto hits.  Jealous of the budget it takes to buy in bulk.  Jealous of the new and shiny cardboard others were calling their own.

I broke down. 

Three hobby packs, one blaster and two blister packs from Target ended on my desk.  I beat the odds but didn't hit it big. 
 
Gioskar Amaya Bowman Purple Ice #'d /10
 
 Anthony Meo Bowman Prospect Auto



I even threw in a couple of Gypsy Queen packs and pulled a Adam Eaton Autograph, not pictured.  Everything is available.

1 comment:

  1. I'll trade you for the Piscotty and Kelly purples. Email me at cardscrush99@yahoo.com if you would be interested. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete