The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Just Doesn't Seem Right

A few weeks ago I figured out how to use the Blog Reader on my cell phone.  Finally my "office" visits each day at work have meaning.  One of those daily visits found me looking at Jaybarkerfan's Junk.  Not in a dirty way.

He was actually giving away some of his "junk".

I like free stuff.  So I got a little greedy and picked out the maximum 6 cards.  Seeing how autographs are kind of my thing these days, I grabbed a bunch.

2008 Topps Moments and Milestone Rookie Autographs
Jonathan Meloan
Armando Galarraga
Sam Fuld
 
2008 Topps Finest Autographs Jonathan Meloan
2005 Donruss Classics Gold Autographs #'d /1200 Sean Tracy
2004 Topps Heritage Signs of Authority Dana DeMuth

Hopefully I can parlay his generosity into an auto or two I need for my collection.

6 free autographs is pretty unfair, but it just gets worse. 

Wes wanted some vintage cards to take his mind off of 2013 Topps and I was eager to oblige with some old time Birds.  My PayPal account got fatter and I will definitely parlay that into some autograph needs.

I appreciate Wes' generosity and eagerness to clear some space in my basement.  I just hope the vintage I sent his way lives up to the price paid.

No comments:

Post a Comment