The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Friday, March 22, 2013

My Scanner Hates Me

I have had temperamental scanner software for a while and continue to underestimate its hatred for my card collecting and blog.  In the past I had posted boring, scan-free blog entries and even abandoned posts altogether. 

Tonight, I will not be thwarted.  Why?  I opened a pack of cards for the first time in many months and I did pretty well.

I have been staring at the 2012 Factory Set my brother (card-collecting partner in crime) gave The Kid for Christmas.  The enticing "5-card Pack of Rookie Variation Cards" proved too much for my weak-willed self.  I had to do it.  The Kid can have the 660 regular cards when he is old enough to appreciate them.

I appreciate these now.

See, my scanner truly hates me.  The Yeonis Cespedes and Yu Darvish are the basic variation cards while the Harper is a tad more special.  It is the "Yelling" variation or the polarizing loud mouth my brother loves so much.  Too bad he can't have it.  I will probably sell it out of spite. 

What my scanner decided to cut out was Brett Lawrie and Matt Moore variations.  I'm not sure if all the packs are this stacked but I can't complain at all.  OK, I would have preferred the Left Handed Darvish, but whatever. 

Anyone out there interested?

4 comments:

  1. What would you want for the bottom half of the Cespedes and the top half of the Darvish? ;-)

    I feel your pain... I had to dump my old scanner a few months ago, because it was taking close to a minute to scan one card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fuji,
    I was planning on putting them together and putting them on ebay as "Scanner 1 of 1's". Who's buying?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be all over that on one condition... I want you to sign them. Not hard signed though... give me one of those sticker label autographs.

      Delete
  3. the bad thing is, some dumb ass out there would pay $100 for a RARE SCANNER 1 of 1 card...just because they used the word rare a bunch of times.

    ReplyDelete