The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Joyce To The World

My company employs a mentoring program, and as a Manager I was assigned a new hire to help throughout his career.  HR finally did some good research when pairing me up, my mentee is a huge sports fan and we have a lot in common.  After our first meeting he invited me to an Orioles game, I was happy to oblige.

Sweetening the deal, his close personal friend is Tampa Bay Rays Outfielder Matt Joyce, and we had field passes.  For the first time in my fandom I was on the field for batting practice, rubbing elbows with big leaguers.  I didn't even mind that they were the enemy that evening.  Until I took my seat.  In the Rays family section.  Surrounded by true Rays fans.

It hurt.  Not being able to cheer and openly root for my Birds stung.  The Orioles 9-2 victory took the sting out very quickly though.

Joyce came through and recently gave me this, I will count it as a Christmas gift.

 
Hopefully I have brought a little Joy(ce) to the blog-o-sphere.  Merry Christmas to all.  Can't wait to see all the new cards that come in this week.

1 comment: