The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Procrastination

It's not all bad.  I tend to delay many things as more important life items and work items pop up.  Many times baseball cards and shipping and purchases are pushed aside (Sorry Unclemoe and Mariner1).  But sometimes it pays off.

This time the pay off was instant gratification.

I have utilized the contacts of Chris Potter Sports on numerous occasions and signed up for another private signing.  Two months ago.  SO naturally I forgot to send him the cards I needed signed.  The last day before he left for a month of signings I was scrambling.  I couldn't find my Orioles Crown card of Rich Coggins, the lynch pin of my purchase.

I was fortunate to find Chris had an extra copy, signed.  SO when I went to drop off my Drungo Hazewood card for the signing I scooped up one for the collection.
 
Rich Coggins 1991 Orioles Crown #79
He also had a binder full of signed 1991 Crown cards and I was able to find a few I needed.  Cash was in short supply so I was able to snag this elusive autograph as well.

Dave May 1991 Orioles Crown #284
I can't wait for my Drungo Hazewood auto from his trip.  It cost $15 and I had seen some completed sales as high as $90.  Very happy O's fan right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment