The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Keeping up with the Joneses

I have failed to keep up with the Joneses in my Oriole collectiong. Out of the seven Joneses to don the Orange and Black, I had only kept up with three, Adam, Doug and Ricky.

Then, out of the blue, fellow Oriole collector Russ reached out. A few emails and a Kam Mickolio duplicate autograph later, I am one step closer to keeping up with those pesky Joneses.

Stacy Jones 1992 Score #882

To say Stacy Jones was a short timer, may be an understatement. He made his debut for the Orioles in 1991 and lasted a whopping 4 games. Stacy fought hard to make his way back to the big leagues and after 5 seasons, finally got the cahnce with the White Sox. 1996 were his last 2 major league games, totaling 6. He stuck out the 1997 season before calling it quits.

He has been hit or miss TTM so I can save on a stamp. I do have his Topps Debut card which is pretty sweet though. Who knows? Maybe I will send to him at some point. For now, no need.

Anyone holding on to the final Joneses, Gordon, Odell or Sam?

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the three toughest Joneses. Your cards hit the mail today, and I hope you like them!

    ReplyDelete