The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Hall of Fame Upgrades

This is my biggest collecting coup to date.

I have a friend who helps out with a sports promotional company. We have talked about shows in the past but I had never been able to get to one. This last time was no different, but I had an inside man. What I didn't have was the premium to pay these legends for my newest additions. What I do have, is a friend and family discount he could not do without. Seemed like a fair trade to me.

Brooks Robinson 1991 Orioles Crown #385

I think the small card threw Brooks for a loop. He tends to sign his name quite large, but it appears he didn't want to hide his lovely head shot. I also felt if odd he left off the "s" in Brooks, until I checked other examples. I wonder what he has against the letter?

Frank Robinson 1991 Orioles Crown #388

This is an awesome graph. It looks exactly like the pack certified one I had in my collection. These cards have me one step closer to completing the Robinson portion of my Crown project. Now I just need to track down the ever elusive Jeff Robinson.

Thanks again K, I still owe you.

No comments:

Post a Comment