The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

What a Dimwit

I just received my package from my first ever group break. The Dimwit of aptly named blog, The Daily Dimwit held a 2006 Upper Deck Ovation Baseball case break. Cost was great, only $30 for two teams, one chosen and one random.

I looked over the checklist for this product and the Orioles were boring but one team caught my eye, the Yankees. They had a lot of potential in this set, so I logged on and typed in the dreaded words "I hate to do it but it's an investment. I feel a Yankee pay day. I will take the Yankee Pinstripes". But as I hit enter, I saw a new comment, same exact time, just 15 seconds sooner "Eh, the Yanks. Why not?". Seriously, mere seconds.

Oh well, I couldn't back out now, I took the Cardinals and got the Nationals randomly. With the small base set the break decided to put together complete sets as opposed to have 15 duplicates of your eight players, good decision.

So now I have a complete set (1-84) of 2006 Upper Deck Ovation if anyone is interested. If not, eBay here we come. Also have two Albert Pujols base doubles available. Now on with the fun cards.

Rookie Short Prints #'d /999
Skip Schumaker SP #114

Adam Wainwright SP #115


Inserts
Chris Carpenter Superstar Theatre #CC

Yadier Molina Superstar Theatre #YM

Albert Pujols Superstar Theatre #AP

Scott Rolen Gold Parallel #21 /499

Yadier Molina Curtain Calls #YM

Yoandy Garlobo Ovation Nation Cuba #YG

Albert Pujols Ovation Nation Dominican #AP

Albert Pujols Center Stage #AP

Hits
Scott Rolen Ovation Apparel #SR

And now for what made it worthwhile:
Albert Pujols Ovation Apparel #AP

This was a great case for the Cardinals and any fan would be ecstatic. I am not a Cardinals collector but am very very pleased. I got both short prints, 6 of the 9 inserts and 2 of the 3 jerseys. I did miss out on the autographs or printing plates but I can't complain.

Anyone notice the absence of the Nationals? The only pure inserts they have in the product are of Toma Ohka, glad I missed out.

How did the Yankees do you ask? They produce a Chien-Ming Wang auto, I hate the Yankees.

All are available for trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment