The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Thursday, February 27, 2014

The Envelope Please

One of my collecting resolutions this year is to start up my TTM requests again.  There are not a lot of good TTM signers out that I need, but I am going to let out some long-shots and hope for the best. 

My second resolution is to get in front of new players and minor leaguers so I don't have to scramble when they crack the roster.

This week I decided to do both.  For the first time in a few years I am trying my luck with Spring Training.  Wish me luck.

Here is who I sent to, and their signing habits from Sportscollectors.net.

Alfredo Aceves-66% signs mainly during Spring Training
Michael Almanzar-0 for 6
Julio Borbon-63%
Nelson Cruz -37% long-shot
Ivan De Jesus-0% no requests
Alex Gonzalez- 18%
Hunter Harvey- 50%
Ubaldo Jimenez- 48%
Chris Marrero- 7% *Ouch*
Xavier Paul- 0 for 12
Eduardo Rodriguez- no requests
Suk-min Yoon- No clue
Delmon Young- 1%

I would like to personally thank the Orioles for signing some players that are historically bad at TTM requests.  No one ever said it would be easy

No comments:

Post a Comment