The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Friday, April 6, 2012

Impulse Buys

Yesterday I was able to take a lunch break for the first time in a long while. I grabbed a quick bite then decided to do something scandalous, go to my LCS.

This LCS is unlike what I used to know. It is clean. It is huge. It has only a few card display cases and not a ton of cards. Their niche is signed memorabilia. Pricey signed memorabilia. I paid no attention to that and snagged three packs of cards.

2012 Topps Jumbo:
Johnny Peralta Golden Moments Relic #GMR-JP



Inserts

Adrian Gonzalez Golden Moments #GM-5
Albert Belle/Mike Stanton Timeless Talents #TT-18
Willie McCovey Gold Standard #GS-9
Brett Gardner 1987 Topps Mini #TM-22
Derek Jeter Golden Greats #GG-28
Brandon Belt Gold Futures #GF-3
Mike Pelfrey Gold Parallel #214

I got one of the two relics in the box so not too bad. Unfortunately the Tigers uni on the front threw me off, I thought I pulled a Miggy Cabrera. Oh well. Also have four Golden Giveaway redemption codes I will not be redeeming available.

2011 Topps Debut (2);
Josh Zeid Solo Signature #SSA-JZ



Corey Brown Double-A All-Stars #DA-19

I don't know why I bought the last two packs of this product. I don't really care for minor league stuff because I have no clue who these kids are. But I broke down, again, and snagged an auto for my efforts.

All are for trade, and if you are looking for any base cards let me know. By the end of the weekend I hope to have a list of base cards I am looking to add to snag autographs on. Thanks for the read.

No comments:

Post a Comment