The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Two Months in the Majors

As part of my last trade I received a Brent Bowers autograph card. Many people have no idea who he is, and with good reason. Brent spent just over a month in the bigs with the Orioles during the home stretch of the 1996 season. He hit for a great average, /307, but was lacking in all power categories.

And what did he get for his efforts? Free agency. He landed just North on I-95 in Philadelphia. He was never able to break through to the major leagues again and with a 14 year minor league career. With limited major league appearances, Brent only has 2 major cards produced, both with the Blue Jays. He does have a Bowie BaySox card from 1996 out there somewhere, but I have yet to find one. He's been coaching in the minors, so if I do happen to find a BaySox card, I will gladly try my luck TTM.

Brent Bowers Dunedin Blue Jays Classic Best #6

No comments:

Post a Comment