The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Two By Two

I'm a hypocrite. Yesterday's post was about not trading and now I will be posting about a trade I just made, a pretty big one. In total, my trade brought home 15 new birds to cross off my list. Many of these guys don't sign well or have just fallen off the planet. It's a pretty nice haul and all I had to give up was a few Derek Jeter cards and a Buster Posey insert.

I am going to post it up in pairs over the next few days. I hope you enjoy.

First up, Curtis Goodwin. I traded for a pair of autographs because one was advertised as smeared. It's slightly smeared but looks good. I am thinking about putting it in the collection instead of the minor league card, any opinions?

Curtis Goodwin 1994 Bowman #487


Curtis Goodwin 1993-1994 Excel #6

Curtis was lightning in a bottle, or on the basepaths for that matter, when he was called up to the big club in 1995. He stole 22 of 26 bases in half a season and showed a ton of promise. He also hit .263 and scored 40 runs, a good 4th outfielder who brought a spark to the lineup. But that is all we would see in a home jersey. He was shipped at seasons end to Cincinatti for David Wells. His career never took off and after five teams in five seasons he was relegated to the minors. He retired in 2004, but made a curtain call with a SOCL team in 2007. I think that's a step above the California Penal League.

No comments:

Post a Comment