The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Another Manager Success

Keeping with the trend of Managers signing TTM requests after their season ends, I give you, Aaron Ledesma.

Aaron Ledesma 1999 Fleer Tradition Warning Track #W-413

When I sent this card to Aaron, I thought its return would allow me to cross him from the list for good. But then I got my request back and checked Beckett before writing this post. Pacific produced a card in 1998 featuring Ledesma as an Oriole. Damn. Well at least I know he signs, so all I need to do is get my hands on 1998 Pacific #27. Anyone got one? I would prefer not have to buy it from COMC or Sportlots.

Ledesma showed a tremendous amount of promise during his lone season in Baltimore. He hit .352 in only his second major league season and was a good piece to the Orioles infield puzzle. Unfortunately, the Tampa Bay Devil Rays joined the American League after 1997 and snatched him up. He hit .320 his first season in Tampa before falling off during his third season. His final big league season was in 2000 as a Colorado Rockie. He made one final attempt to reach the bigs in 2002 as an Independant Long Island Duck, with little success.

Ledesma then moved on to the next chapter in his life, coaching. Unfortunately, his success has been within the Yankee organization. In 2008 he was the hitting instructor for their Class-A affiliate. 2009-10 saw him as the hitting coach for AAA Scranton-Wilkes Barre before getting his first managerial gig. The mail travels slowly to the Charleston Riverdogs, this success took seven months.

No comments:

Post a Comment