The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Double Take

I hate facsimile signatures on the front of baseball cards.  They don't typically look good at all and they can get confusing.  Especially when you are dealing with older cards that are signed in ink pen.  Then they fade.

I picked up this over sized Topps card of deceased Harry Dorish after an impromptu stop at a memorabilia booth.

Harry Dorish 1956 Topps #167
If you look too quick, you will miss it.  Tucked along his collar is the signature I needed to add to my collection.


I had walked past this table at least 20 times without giving any notice to the small binder of personal autographs.  I am glad I stopped and gave it a few minutes of my time.  Finding this card was the catalyst for me to go scoop up some of the other cards I had been looking at.

What else did I find?  I will show some more cardboard tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment