The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Selling Out For the 2012 National: The Contest

With "The Kid" arriving, the budget for baseball cards has been shortened, to nearly nothing.  I have been able to sneak a pack or two here and there but nothing of consequence.  That being said, I want to go off at The National Convention this year.  There are very few autographs I am looking to track down through personal signings, but I am hoping to cross some obscure guys from my list.

So I have decided to sell out.  Or at least try to.  In person autographs are most likely off-limits, trading only, but everything else is fair game.  As an homage to those of you out there who love to scour through boxes at card shows I have divided my collection into virtual boxes.  Some cards don't fall into those categories and will be priced individually.

Shipping has always been an issue when selling cards so I have decided that a sale will be broken into two parts, sale price and shipping.  Sale price is easy; 10 cards at $.10 each, $1.00, paid through PayPal as an example.  Shipping; I send the cards, the price of postage for whichever way the buyer chooses, will then be paid.  Packaging is on the house.  Hope that was easy to follow, if not just ask.

Did someone say "Contest"?  Yes.  I did.

I will also parlay this sale into a contest.  Here are the Rules:
1.  For every $1 you spend (sale price only) you earn an entry
2.  Every new follower of my blog receives an entry
3.  Anyone who refers a new follower to my blog receives an entry
      A.  The new follower must post a comment with their referral source for proper documentation
4.  If a new follower makes a purchase, the referral source receives an entry

I am not saying to go right out and pimp the blog, it is not necessary, but couldn't hurt.  With many of us bloggers reading each others stuff it should be interesting to see where loyalties lie.

The contest will run through August 5, 2012, the end of the National.  Any payment made before 11:59pm on this date will be counted toward contest entries.  Same goes with followers and referral bonuses.

Contest prizes are:
Jim Palmer Autographed Orioles Program

2011 Topps Lineage Base Set

Mickey Mantle Metallic Images Set

More to follow.

I will randomize for winners and each winner will be able to select their prize.  Also, the person with the most referrals will receive a prize of unspeakable value.

Now that all the legal stuff is out of the way, on to the virtual card show.

Dime Box
Quarter Box
50 Cent Piece
Dollar Box
Display Case

For those of you who don't like scouring through pages upon pages of Excel spreadsheets, email me with wants, needs, or collections and I can pull lists together.  Thanks for the help, the time, the referrals and the cash.

*Disclaimer*
First come first served to email potziecards@yahoo.com.  Some items may not be available due to prior sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment