The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Wifey Likes Baseball Cards

I never thought those words would ever purse my lips or spew from my fingertips, but she does. If you don't believe me, would you believe the most reliable form of media, Facebook?



Now for the explanation.

For my birthday, I pulled this card:


Wifey bought me a scanner for my birthday as well so that she didn't have to scan all my new cards at work. It was perfect.

I scanned my new card, listed it for trade and sale and looked forward to the payday. But, the scanner wasn't the right one. We needed to exchange it. The next morning I grabbed the re-packaged scanner and went to return it. Got my new scanner and all was good.

Fast forward a week when trade talks for the Chapman redemption heat up and I can't find the card. I looked everywhere and came to the only conclusion I could. I returned it to Wal-Mart with the scanner. Wifey and I were upset and begrudgingly I wrote off the card. That was until today when wifey came home with my mojo pull in her hand.

To say Wal-Mart was aware of her dealings isn't exactly true, but it was our property. No harm, no foul.

I love my wife.

1 comment: