The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Friday, June 21, 2013

There's An Autograph On There

I promise.

It is really difficult to see but I do have the newest Oriole in my collection.
 
Travis Ishikawa 2010 Topps Wal-Mart #493
OK, it scans pretty well, but in person not clear at all.  I had to double check once I received this card, just to make sure it was actually signed.
 
Travis has never been known for his offense, mainly his defensive prowess.  But this year it was different in the minors.  Travis was tearing the cover off the ball in Norfolk and got himself noticed.  That and the clause in his contract allowing his release if he wasn't called up.  There isn't a daily spot in the lineup for Travis, but his release would probably help the Yankees.  So today, Steve Pearce has a mysterious wrist injury and Ishikawa remains on the roster,  We will see how he fits in to the picture moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment