The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Blogging From Court

Nope, not a lawyer.  Not a Sheriff, Bailiff, or stenographer.  I am a juror.  Or should I say, "potential juror". 

I have not been selected yet, but have seen the inside of the oldest, dankest, smallest courtroom imaginable, for voir dire.  I am hoping that is the last time I see the inside of a courtroom today, and the next year. for that matter

In the five years I have lived in Baltimore City, I have been chosen for jury duty four times. 

Four.

The apathy in this city is staggering and until they started locking people up for missing jury duty, the rooms were barely filled.  What does this have to do with baseball, baseball cards and my blog?

Nothing really.  I just finished up my days work and don't have Wifey and The Kid, plying for my attention.  Maybe I will be able to do some player research, hit up the eBay and start crossing names off my list.  Hello blog-o-sphere.  I've missed you.

A little gratuitous Orioles 80's Mustache Magic:

Leo Hernandez Signed Photo
My boycott of eBay is over and I should have some interesting names in the next few weeks.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment