The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Orioles FanFest 2013: The Beginning

So, I'm an idiot.

I started the best autograph day of the year for me by losing my Season Ticket holder early entry tickets.  I blogged about those very tickets here, yet found a way to lose them.  Idiot.

Friday night I had to buy another ticket and miss out on the early entrant free signing.  At least I was able to sleep in. 

I rolled up to the Convention Center at precisely 11am, grabbed my ticket at will call and walked into the event.  11:10am and I was ready to go.  Unfortunately the 18,000 people in front of me had other things on their mind, namely walking slow as sin.  After making my way past the slowpokes I found the stage, grabbed my cards and got ready for the day.

I was set up for two minutes when I recognized my first player.

Taylor Teagarden Baltimore Autograph Card
 
His signature is still very sloppy and difficult to read, but looks great on these cards.  The blue pops really well.  The only drawback I have found is in human error, signing upside down. 
 
It was my first time breaking out the custom Baltimore Autograph Card from Brian and Rusty at The Autograph Card and me likey.  Get used to the look of them, they will be making a few appearances in the next few posts.
 
Stay tuned, I brought home 30 more autographs from this years event.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to read about them. I heard it was nuts. Those cards look really great. Obviously reminds me of the Sweet Spot Autos. Really nice!

    ReplyDelete