The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Monday, June 11, 2012

Sunday Session

Finally.  Sunday marked my first graphing attempt of 2012.  I was able to break out the ole 13 game season plan and make my appearance.  Doing the whole "Dad" thing got me to the stadium a little later than I wanted and missed most of the team coming in.  In actuality, I missed nothing.  No Orioles signed at all outside the stadium.

Prior to game when pitchers were warming up, Wei-Yin Chen came over, at the urging of his trainer.  He signed for the six of us who asked.  Troy Patton also picked up a pen while Jim Johnson, Dana Eveland, Tommy Hunter and Darren O'Day slid away through the bowels of the stadium.

Wei-Yin Chen 2012 Topps Heritage Team Card #377
Such a fantastic signature and he is so deliberate with it.  Each time he signed, he looked to see the best place to put his unique marking.  Hopefully my Topps Series II Rookie will come in before my next excursion.

Steve Tolleson 2010 Bowman Draft #BDP-87
 Matt Wieters may have won the game with a walk-off double, but Tolleson was the real hero.  His three run shot to tie the ballgame off of Cliff Lee demoralized the Phillies.  It also shut up their fans, equally as important.  After the game, Phillies buses blocked Tolleson's SUV as he was leaving.  I made the trek to the end of the drive and he signed no problem.  What else could he do, he was stuck in traffic.  No one else made the attempt so I was it.

Kevin Gregg 2012 Topps Heritage #131

Kevin Gregg 2010 Topps #59
Kevin Gregg takes way too much flack from Oriole fans.  He HAD a terrible year last year.  He WAS gasoline on every conceivable fire out of the bullpen.  He WAS a disaster.

But, he IS having a great year.  He IS filling a role in our league leading bullpen.  He DOES sign for fans.  Every game I have been to, Gregg has stopped his car and signed for fans.  That must be tough for him, knowing that he is not the most popular guy.  Screw 'em Kevin.  I got your back. 

This was all about quality, not quantity.  Two more names crossed off the list, thanks guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment