The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Missed Opportunity

I was at the Orioles 2-1 comeback win over the Washington Nationals today looking to add some pitchers to my collection.  I did do just that, but missed out on a biggie in the process.

While I was on the first base side with Oriole pitchers, Stephen Strasburg and others were racking on the third base line.  When I saw Strasburg start signing, I thought it would be short lived and I would miss him.  I was wrong.  He kept signing and signing.  I finally made a last ditch effort to get the superstar.  Nope.

Here is part of who I did get instead of Mr. Strasburg.

Jason Hammel 2012 Orioles Postcard

Jason Hammel 2006 Topps '52 #119
Hammel has put together an All-Star worthy resume thus far in 2012.  Hopefully the deciding coaches realize that fact as well.  He is a stopper in starter form.  Whenever the Orioles hit a rough patch, Hammel comes through with another big performance.

I love how the updated Postcards look this year.  The white borders and the white jerseys really allow for autographs to pop.  Hammel is now crossed off the list, for good.  His rookie card was a sweet extra he was so gracious to sign.  Anyone working on that set?

No comments:

Post a Comment