The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Friday, January 13, 2012

One Year Ago

Can you guess what I was doing a year ago today?

If you said something about baseball cards and autographs that would be correct. But I was looking for something a little more specific. My memory isn't the best, I needed a little help figuring this one out.

I was sending former Orioles pitcher Mike Johnson a card to have signed. Today, that card came back signed. A full year, 365 days was all it took. It's kind of odd, in a cool way. Being that it is Friday the 13th, It was slightly creepy.

Mike Johnson 1997 Bowman #314

For those of you keeping score at home, Yes. Yes that is the same Mike Johnson I just traded for last week. At least this card upgrades from a 1992 Triple Play Camden Yards blank card.

The auto is signed in pen, which I hate, but looks better than most pen signatures I have. Mike is a coach for the Canadian National Team and I was contemplating an International request before this came back from California. Mike hasn't been in high demand on the TTM circuit, mine being only the 3rd reported request, 2 total successes. His short career only allowed for 4 cards to be produced featuring hm as an Oriole in 1997. One more upgrade to cross off the list.

2 comments:

  1. haha, 365 days thats a coincidence.

    Kirk - if you're interested, check out your Bobblehead post a few days ago. I have a ton of cards that you're missing from your Orioles collection and I listed them in a post..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just added that card to my collection as well, although mine was via a purchase, I didn't know he still signed TTM.

    ReplyDelete